EDUCATION IS THE KEY TO PREPARING FAMILIES FOR HOMEOWNERSHIP.
NDF provides 12 hours of classroom home ownership education. The classroom environment allows participants to receive valuable information, ask questions, and learn from the responses to the questions of others. Educational techniques utilized in the training classes are designed to reduce the participant’s fears and demystify the mortgage process. Industry professionals involved in each aspect of the mortgage process voluntarily participate in NDF’s home-buyer education.
NDF’s custom designed training manual is provided as an educational guides to each client.
The manual includes forms designed to familiarize participants with industry documents. Participants are provided with packets containing information on available properties for sale, and pamphlets advising whom to contact in City government to address specific issues.
A feature of the educational class is devoted to Property Inspection, Assessment and Appraisals. Clients are expected to complete the inspection form in their training manual once they select a property. This exercise helps the client focus on more than the outward appearance of the prospective property.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- All participants must complete the one-on-one assessment session with the counselor, who will pull your tri-merge credit report with scores
- The counselor will calculate your expenses and income to determine your debt to income ratio’s
- The counselor will provide recommendations (action plan) for improving your credit profile and your credit score
- You will receive copies of your credit report and a copy of the counselor’s recommendations
- You will receive a schedule of the dates for the learning course
- You will receive a follow up appointment to track your progress
- You will be required to complete all 12-hours of the course
- Your will receive an exit letter at the completion of the course with next steps
- Verification of Training (VOT) will be provided to your selected lender
- Contact NDF at any time during the purchasing process and any time after the purchase when/if the need arises