Please know that even during the Covid-19 Pandemic, NDF remains committed to providing quality financial housing counseling, education, and financial Literacy. The health and safety of our clients, staff, and resource volunteers are of utmost importance. Accordingly, we will be temporarily modifying how we deliver counseling and education services to prevent the spread of COVID-19 where possible.
As always, our offices are open to the public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you need financial housing counseling, education, and Financial Literacy services, you can:
- Follow the information below on our website at: http://ndf-neworleans.org/how-to-participate/
- Gather copies of the documents listed and complete the intake form at http://ndf-neworleans.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/NDF_Intake_form_fillable_v3.pdf
- email the form along with the list of documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current clients who need a follow-up appointment should contact NDF at 504-488-0155 and/or send an email to the housing advisor (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- If you are in contract and have an impending closing date, if approved by your lender and can register and complete the “Homebuyer Education” on line at https://www.ehomeamerica.org/ndf-neworleans
- To be approved for the online homebuyer education class you will need to submit copies of your purchase agreement and your lender pending approval prior to the VOT being issued.
UPDATED FEE STRUCTURE
*Financial Fitness Counseling & Education $100.00
*Homebuyer Counseling & Education $125.00
*Landlord Counseling & Education $85.00
*Online Financial Fitness (Money Management) $105
*Online Homebuyer Education $125.00
*90-Day Follow-Up Counseling w/new Credit Report $60.00
*Post Purchase Follow-up Counseling with Credit Report $75.00
A few things you will need to know in order to participate in the program.
Please review the following information:
- There are fees associated with this program.
- NDF only accepts the following forms of payment:
- MONEY ORDER
WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR INTERVIEW
Copies of the items listed below are required and should be made before your appointment:
NDF will pull a mortgage tri-merge credit report (Cost Included in Registration Fee).
- Copies of your last 2 recent check stubs and/or proof of other income sources (SSI, pension, retirement, disability, etc.).
- A copy of your last 2 bank statements from all financial accounts including checking, savings account, debit, and/or retirement accounts.
- A copy of your last two (2) years income tax returns: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/
request-a-transcript-or-copy- of-a-prior-year-tax-return To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go<https://www.irs.gov/ newsroom/irs2goapp> mobile phone app
- A copy of your last two (2) years of all W-2 form from all employer:
- A copy of State or Government issued identification.
- Proof of parent child relationship (FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18)
(acceptable documents include): birth certificates, adoption papers.
- (IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO HELP YOU CREATE A HOUSEHOLD BUDGET ) Bring Copies of all revolving, installment and open accounts etc. personal bills, including charge accounts, credit cards, installment loans (car pymt, student loans, auto/life insurance and household expenses etc. light, gas, water, cable, telephone, food/household products.
- A Copy of this form: Download Form
CALL THE OFFICE AT 504-488-0155 TO SET YOUR APPOINTMENT AND/OR
REQUEST A PARTICIAPATION CALL BACK
REQUEST A PARTICIAPATION CALL BACK
Send us a message using the form and someone will contact you about setting up an appointment to participate in the program.