There are a few things you will need to know in order to participate in the program.
Please review the following information:
There are fees associated with this program.
NDF only accepts the following forms of payment:
CHECK, MONEY ORDER, DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS
Copies of the items listed below are required and should be made before your appointment:
NDF will pull a mortgage ti-merge credit report (FEE APPLIES).
- Copies of your last 2 recent check stubs and/or proof of other income sources (SSI, pension, retirement, disability, etc.).
- A copy of your last 2 bank statements from all checking or savings account(s).
- A copy of your last two (2) years income tax returns/W-2 form from employer: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript or http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf
- A copy of Louisiana identification.
- (IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO HELP YOU CREATE A HOUSEHOLD BUDGET ) Copies of personal bills, including charge accounts, credit cards, and installment loans or household budget.
- Proof of parent child relationship (FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18)
- [/TAB] (acceptable documents include): birth certificates, baptism or other religious documentations, paternity acknowledgements, adoption papers
1. Have an income of at least $21,000
2. Have reasonably good credit
3. Follow the NDF process
FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS: who are educated about the process of buying a home and building their assets.
BANKS, CREDIT UNIONS, MORTGAGE COMPANIES, AND HOMESTEADS: NDF educates, advocates, and assist buyers with purchasing a home, increasing sustainability and reducing the risk of foreclosure. Sustainability saves the institutions time and money.
REAL ESTATE AGENTS: NDF provides educated, bankable, knowledgeable prospective buyers.
OUR COMMUNITY: because home-ownership reduces abandoned houses, increases pride in neighborhoods, produces more citizens that are responsible, and increases revenue for the city.
BUSINESS: because new homeowners purchase additional services, infusing additional money into local economy.
DEVELOPERS: because of the demand for houses and the availability of potential first time home-buyers.